Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving and the stomach virus

My Thanksgiving break started a little bit earlier than planned. We had school Monday, Tuesday, and then a half day today. I woke up at 4 yesterday with an awful stomach virus and was out yesterday and today. So I feel like a total failure in the teaching about Thanksgiving department. We were going to make turkeys yesterday and bracelets to go with Dr. Jean's Thanksgiving poem. I have no idea if any of this was done. Then today we were having a feast and I was suppose to make pilgrim hats for the kids. The ones that Tamera made with her kids out of fudge stripes and marshmallows. But alas, no luck. There was no way I could make anything with food. My fever broke at about 1 am today and I'm feeling a little better. I'm still pretty dehydrated and haven't eaten a bite. Hopefully I'll feel better by Turkey time tomorrow.
I have big plans to work on some activities over my break. Luckily, I have the best boyfriend in the world and he went by the school to pick up my laptop and reading teacher edition so I can do my lesson plans. So I've started a cupcake unit that I hope to have finished and posted to my teacher's notebook store and maybe some freebies before Monday. I've already got a few activities under my belt. My problem seems to be I have too many ideas and can't focus long enough on one to finish. So Happy Thanksgiving to all! I hope no one else out there has the awful stomach virus I'm getting over. I'm so thankful for all of you!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you're not feeling well. I hate being sick before or during the holidays! Feel better!

    Laura
    Kinder Kraziness

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope This stomach virus will quickly get away..and you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete