Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Blog on Fire Award

It was such a nice day after Halloween treat to get a comment from Laura at Kinder Kraziness saying she had awarded me the Blog on Fire award. This is my first award as a blogger and it means a lot. I'm really loving this experience of blogging about my class and teaching. I feel like I'm growing so much as a teacher and that I've gone back to my roots in teaching. I'm excited again about what I'm doing and am loving trying to find new things to do.
So the rules of the award is to tell 7 things about yourself and then award 7 more bloggers.
1. I tried out for Jeopardy my last year in college. I didn't make it on or even past the first round but it was fun anyway.
2. I have the sweetest niece in the world. She's 14 months old and I love her sooo much. I love teaching her new things.
3. I love to watch crime shows like Criminal Minds, NCIS, The Closer and I also like kind of trashy shows like the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Jerseylicious.
4. My favorite show of all time is Friends and I have all 10 seasons on DVD.
5. I love to read and read just about anything. I read so much that I sometimes don't know if I've read the book until about half way through it.
6. I love food and cooking.
7. I want to write a book one day. I have lots of ideas about what it would be on so who knows.

Now to award the other blogs:
Kreative in Kinder

This is one of my favorite blogs. She has the best ideas and is so generous with all she has.

Mrs. Wills has so many wonderful resources. I have been using her math journals. My kids love them and they are learning so much from them. I also love her weekly posts about her math stations and centers. They inspire me so much.
Mrs. Miner's Kindergarten Monkey Business

I love Mrs. Miner's directed drawing activities and her sight word packet keeps me going. She's also super generous with her wonderful resources as well.
Can Do Kinders

I just love Pam. She always has great ideas and resources. Plus she leaves me great comments.
First Grade Blue Skies

Jennifer is full of wonderful ideas and has been so helpful as I've been trying out new things in this blogging world.
The Very Busy Kindergarten
Sue was one of the first blogs I discovered and she has inspired me so much.

I love Leslie at Kindergarten Works. She is so inspiring and organized and I've gained a lot from reading her blog.
I'm super excited to get this award and it was so hard to just pick 7 blogs to award it to. I love so many blogs. My google reader has like 140 blogs I follow.
Hope you survived your day after Halloween.

5 comments:

  1. Oh! Thank you so much! I am glad you find a few tid-bits of useful~ness (is that a word?) on my blog! Thank you for thinking of me!

    Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kerri! You spoke truth about each blogger! Your kind words are greatly appreciated!
    -Leslie @KindergartenWorks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Kerri! You made my day so much brighter!!
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I guess I am hot stuff now! Thanks so much Kerri...I also love yours and all of the other blogs you chose. xoxo
    Krissy
    Mrs.Miner’s Monkey Business

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..... Thank You...Kerri..... I am so honored to be on your list with these other wonderful bloggers. Thank you so much for the reading my blog and I am happy you enjoy my ideas.
    Sue
    theverybusykindergarten

    ReplyDelete